In John 13:34-35, Jesus charges his disciples with the following words, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
In a month where love is in the air, how can your church or ministry leverage your technology to encourage your members, donors, and community to share the love?
- Choose a cause and raise some much-needed monetary support – Create a unique form just for this purpose that can be shared by staff, members and donors.
- Skip the drop-down for choosing a fund and just put an amount box for entering the gift amount to simplify giving.
- Add a header image to your form – a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Use the Form Description or Static Text to add information about how this gift will impact the ministry or community.
- Set up a Keyword in Fund Management to promote with Text Giving (i.e. Text 50 Love to 555-555-5555 to make your $50 gift to our “Love Your Neighbor” initiative).
- Get Social – create a simple image that members & donors can use to share this with their circle of generous friends!
- Identify a group that needs some supplies and organize a drive – is the food bank stretched thin post-holidays, does your pregnancy resource center need diapers and bottles, does your school system need some sanitizing supplies?
- Determine your group and needed supplies (be specific)
- Design a sign-up form using Check-boxes for what people are willing to donate.
- Set a specific quantity as a goal if you want to have a count down of how many more are needed.
- Tailor your email response to the donor to include what they have sign-ed up for as a reminder. Or provide the specific drop-off instructions.
- Connect this form to a work-flow in membership to help organize your efforts.
- Add “donors” to a group for quick follow-up and communication.
- Assign tasks to initiative organizer to check in with the “donor” and mark complete when the items are dropped off.
- Use your ChMS to identify those who may be feeling a bit disconnected or need some love. Consider a Valentines Card Campaign for widows/widowers or an “I Miss You” Call campaign for Sunday School Classes or Small Groups.
- Use Advanced Search or Query in ChMS to design a report targeting those you want to contact.
- Use the Group list to encourage small groups to connect with one person each day.
- Haven’t implemented Directory online or in MinistryOne? – this is a great time to roll-out a new way for Members to Connect.
Connect with one of our coaches to discuss how to implement your plan!
Schedule a Call