Last Updated: 02/04/2015
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two kinds of information websites can obtain about you:
(1)Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is aggregate data that entities use to administer their sites. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Shelby may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site customer information.
IP Addresses. An IP address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site’s server, and may use it to gather broad demographic information.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, e-mail address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you order products from Shelby, subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, or when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
User IDs and Passwords. To order products from Shelby, we may request that you create a login name and password. We will use this information to maintain your account and send you the products you have ordered. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new Site features, special offers and promotional materials that we think may be of interest to you. In the event that one of our business partners or sponsors desires to send our users a message by e-mail, the message may be forwarded to us, and we will send it only to those users who have not opted out of receiving such information. You may elect not to receive such information by opting out as described below.
E-mail Correspondence. Scattered throughout the Site are links that can be used to contact Shelby so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.). Your e-mail address is required so we can answer your questions, and we want your name, too, so we can address your answer in a mannerly way. Shelby may put information from e-mail on file, and Shelby shares this information only with business partners with whom Shelby maintains an ongoing relationship. Shelby does not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with any other third parties without express authorization from you.
Sales Chat or Live-Chat (“Sales Chat”) Communication. We collect the e-mail addresses and posted inquiries and/or messages of customers that communicate with us on our Site, via the Customer Service Sales Chat option. The Sales Chat system that Shelby uses for customer support is a one-on-one chat and the communication is generated at the discretion and option of the Customer. As it pertains to visitors to our Sales Chat system, in most instances, requests for information may include, but are not limited to the following: Company/Institution’s name, contact person/title, business/e-mail address, and phone. Shelby licenses the Sales Chat software. Shelby reserves the right to retain and use logs of the Sales Chat sessions for any of the following purposes:
- to analyze and resolve system problems;
- to compile and update frequently asked questions (FAQ) and entries in the customer support Knowledge Base;
- to report problems to and obtain technical support from Shelby’s vendors, suppliers, or service providers;
- to train personnel providing support to customers via Sales Chat;
- to evaluate the job performance of personnel providing support to customers via Sales Chat;
- to measure the effectiveness of Sales Chat in providing support to customers;
- to improve the quality and effectiveness of Sales Chat in providing support to customers; or
- to perform any other internal task related to providing services to Shelby’s customers, provided that performance of the task does not require disclosure of any of the contents of a chat session without the customer’s prior permission.
HOW WE USE GATHERED INFORMATION
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of the web pages. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. We never connect aggregate information with Personally Identifiable Information, and none of the aggregate information we share will contain any information that identifies you individually.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” collected by Shelby may be used for purposes including administration of the Site and communications with you. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law. We also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
We support the right of our visitors to choose. If you decide that you do not wish to receive special offers or promotional communications, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address provided below, and indicate that you no longer want to receive (a) information relating to this Site; or (b) information relating to products and services provided by our business partners and affiliates.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to know about the personal information that Shelby holds about you, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that Shelby has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by e-mail or postal mail at the addresses below.
This Site incorporates appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and database encryption. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing”. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect user information offline. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, Shelby cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION THROUGH BUSINESS TRANSFERS
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of Shelby’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your e-mail address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. Shelby strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to email@example.com with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
CONSENT AND JURISDICTION
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by Tennessee law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in, Memphis, Tennessee, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
Shelby may change, modify or update this Policy at any time, at its discretion and without prior notice to you, to reflect changes in our online information practices. Modifications are effective upon being posted on this Site. Shelby will indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. You are responsible for reviewing this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes and/or modifications to the Policy.
ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site.
At any time, you may revoke your consent, cease further use of your e-mail address to send you updates, and direct us to delete the information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we cannot delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personally Identifiable Information in the past and then choose to revoke this decision or you want to update your information, you may send an e-mail or contact us by regular mail:
Shelby Systems, Inc.
7345 Goodlett Farms Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
t (901) 757-2372
f (901) 757-0011