October 9, 2019
Here’s an excerpt from the new book: Becoming a Welcoming Church.
Your church can become more welcoming regardless of how welcoming you may think it already is.
Here are six simple adjustments that cost little to nothing that will have great results:
- Check the website – Your church’s website is its front door to guests. The content and design need to be focused on them, not on the members.
- Do a facility audit – A dirty or unkept children’s area will turn guests away from your church.
- Train a welcome team – It doesn’t take a lot of work to train a welcome team. It just takes intentionality.
- Keep greeters in worship center – Door greeters are great, but having someone to greet those in the worship center may be more important.
- Paint a room – sometimes a new coat of paint can make all the difference. It makes a statement.
- Get some inexpensive (plastic) signs – you need signage inside and outside of the building for directions and encouragement.
(examples: parking, guest parking, nursery, pre-school, restrooms, thanks for visiting, you are now entering the mission field, etc.)
Source: Lifeway Resources
Contact a Shelby Sales Consultant to find out how to manage your church guests and to help you make them full time members.