May 22, 2019
Shelby Systems has been serving ministries and non-profits for over 40 years. Here are a few interesting facts about our history that you may not be familiar with:
- Shelby began as the vision of Ernie Hamilton during his senior year in college. He thought that churches should have software specifically designed for ministry needs.
- Shelby officially became a company on August 1, 1976.
- Second Baptist Church in Memphis was Shelby’s very first customer.
- Frank Canady was Shelby’s first employee (1977). He designed the PC software for church financials and non-financials.
- Shelby was the first church management software company to hold the Gold Partner Certification from Microsoft. This designation is awarded to elite business partners that meet Microsoft’s top level of requirements in the areas of software stability, training, certification of technicians, and customer satisfaction.
- Frank Canady became CEO of Shelby Systems in the year 2000 (after the death of founder Ernie Hamilton).
- Shelby Systems partnered with Ministry Brands in April of 2015.
- Shelby serves over 9,000 customers in more than 45 countries. This includes four Territories of The Salvation Army, numbering over 1,000 corps locations.
- There are over 24,000 users who are currently supported all over the United States and in several foreign countries by Ministry Brands.
- Shelby has tools to meet the needs of churches of all sizes. We offer an out of the box solution with ShelbyNext and we offer a completely customizable solution with ShelbyArena.
- Shelby has been characterized by consistently providing excellent support, reliable customer service and the highest ethical business practices.
- Now part of Ministry Brands, Shelby continues to excel in solving problems for churches and nonprofit organizations.
Shelby Systems supplies the software and financial tools needed to help ministries and organizations thrive. Please let us know how we can assist you by contacting your Shelby Sales Consultant today!