March 2, 2018
Get to know “New Artist of the Year” and ISC 2018 Worship Leader, Ellie Holcomb, with these 6 reasons that you’ll find her to be pretty cool.
1. Her daughter is adorable.
2. She has quite the sense of humor.
3. She stands behind her family.
Ellie was in a band with her husband Drew Holcomb.
4. Her family dressed up as Star Wars characters.
5. Her songs have spiritual depth.
When asked about the story behind her song “The Broken Beautiful,” Ellie answered:
“This song is really a prayer. A lot of times the songs that I write are about the things I need to remember that are true that I so easily forget. One of the things I’ve seen God do in my story is that He has taken the darkest, most broken parts and brought healing and redemption. I’ve seen Him do the same thing with dear friends who were facing trials that were so dark and messy that I wondered how on earth God would show up. Lo and behold, God is faithful. He does show up. He is the best Person that I know when you are facing suffering, because He suffered too. This song is a prayer that I would remember that God is able to heal any broken situation and any broken heart because He walked out of the grave.”
– Ellie Holcomb
6. You can watch her official music video for the song “The Broken Beautiful” and prepare your heart for ISC 2018.
Worship with Ellie Holcomb on Thursday morning (June 7) at ISC 2018 in Memphis.
Learn more by visiting: