December 4, 2017
Every church should be using online giving software to maximize contributions for ministry work. Next, you want to let your members know that this option is available during the worship service. Explain your church’s giving philosophy, how donations will be used to accomplish your mission, special programs and capital campaigns. Provide the benefits of how easily members can establish recurring gifts, track their individual donations and view giving church-wide.
Make it Easy to Give:
Place a “Give” button and/or tab on your website homepage so that it is easily accessed by your members. Provide your church’s giving philosophy, steps to set-up online gifts and methods that people can give (i.e. ACH, Credit/Debit Card Processing).
Put it in Print:
Spread the word by incorporating your church online giving in each week’s programs and church bulletins. Add “how to give online” information to new member packets, pledge packets, and financial updates.
When using Shelby Systems’ electronic messaging tool, provide a link to donate to new funds, program registrations, or inform members when funds will be closing so that they have an opportunity to give.
Make it Social:
Post information about online giving on your church Facebook wall, Blogs or Twitter feed.
Communicate the Benefits:
It is important to communicate not only how online giving benefits the church but also how it benefits the donor. Some of the key donor benefits are:
- Much like online banking, online giving allows members to budget their household finances by including recurring gifts to the church.
- Members can manage their giving (i.e. change gift amount and frequency, donate to a new fund, view their giving history, etc.) anytime without delay.
- Members can donate via their most preferred method as established by the church (ACH, Credit Card, Debit Card).
- When the church sends out electronic bulletins communicating new programs or church funds, members can immediately donate or register online.
- Members can easily track their own, church-wide giving as allowed by the leadership team, as well as receive personal tax receipts at their convenience.
Through effective communication, each church can utilize online giving to increase donations while stabilizing giving trends.
Shelby Systems is committed to helping churches large and small streamline their giving process. We provide the software and the plan that can help your church make the leap to digital giving. To find out how contact one of our Ministry Consultants today. And don’t forget to ask about our special Digital Giving Package!