November 24, 2017
Ready or not, Christmas is coming. That means churches are planning events, socials, and special services. Today we provide some tips to make this a great Christmas season for your church.
- Christmas Eve is the time when the unchurched are most receptive to attending church.
- Traditions are key: hymns and carols, candlelight with Silent Night, etc.
- The service should be brief, 30-minutes max.
- Begin promotion right after Thanksgiving.
- Use your Facebook page and Facebook ads.
- Design a very simple registration card: first name, email, guest or member, prayer request. Ask everyone to complete it.
- Prepare for multiple services in most churches, at the very least for greater attendance.
- Plan for staff to have time off post-Christmas.
Source: Lifeway Resources
For more great ideas on how to communicate effectively with your congregation, contact one of our Shelby Ministry Consultants today!