July 21, 2017
Outreach events for churches can be predictable in the fall. But what if you tried something else, maybe something with an intentional evangelistic focus that your community might not expect? These ten outreach ideas will allow your church to be noticed in your community and, most importantly, provide your members with several opportunities for gospel conversations.
- Sponsor a booth at the county/state fair – churches from the area can sponsor booths at the fair and provide free face painting or even henna tattoos as a means for gospel conversations.
- Wear church t-shirts to a local event – this can help raise awareness of your church.
- Host a hunting season event for men – consider hosting a kickoff event for hunting season with a men’s dinner and have the men in your church invite their friends.
- Honor first responders in a worship service – your church could invite and provide a breakfast for all first responders then briefly recognize them in the worship service.
- Sponsor a breakfast for teachers at a local school – use the new school year as an opportunity to minister to local teachers, administrators, aides, bus drivers, and staff.
- Staff the concession stand at a local park or stadium – your presence will likely result in gospel conversations and invites to church worship services.
- Coordinate a community outreach day through your small groups – pick a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for all small groups to participate in a community outreach event.
- Hold a family movie night on the church lawn – consider having a movie night on the church lawn and encourage families to invite their neighbors and friends.
- Host an “Invite Your One” day – the fall is a great time to host these events, and they can be great catalysts for creating an atmosphere of inviting in your church.
- Set a gospel conversation goal for your church and provide training – train your members, and provide the opportunities for gospel conversations to happen.
Source: Lifeway Christian Resources