December 20, 2014
There is no shortage of articles on maintaining weight, health or sanity during the hustle and bustle of the holidays. It is not difficult to get caught up in the stress of the season as we search for the perfect gift or recipe, as we prepare our home for visitors or our families for travel.
Here are some tips we wanted to pass along to help you deal with holiday stress:
– Be sure to get enough rest. Not just sleep, but actual downtime where you disconnect and take a
moment to breathe.
– Organize your supplies and materials so they can be easily located when you need them.
– Remember that you cannot do everything. Delegate whenever possible.
– Make a list of what needs to be done. This will help keep you on track.
– Do not fall in to the “this (insert word here) has to be perfect” trap. Just do your best.
– Take a moment to reflect on the reason for all of the hustle and bustle – spending time with family and
friends as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!